It is summer time and that means it is time to bring out the grill. Everyone has their own way to make that steak you put on the grill turn out right and taste great. Here are some more tips to add to your knowledge on how to grill the perfect steak.
1. Before you put your steak on the grill let it warm up first. Take it out of the refrigerator and let it come to room temperature for about an hour.
2. The thickness of your steak should be between 1 ½ to 3 inches in order to achieve the interior reaches the right temperature and the perfect char on the outside.
3. Lightly sprinkle both sides of the steak with salt a few hours before your grill and put it on a wire rack that is set on a rimmed baking sheet. This will help the steak retain water so you will get juicy meat. Before you put it on the grill pat the meat dry with a paper towel and salt the meat again. If you want, you can use Kosher salt to make a superior crust because the grains are bigger.
4. Make sure on your grill you have a hot side to sear the meat and a medium heat to finish the cooking. For a gas grill, keep one burner on low and the others on high.
5. Use a meat thermometer to get the right temperature. For medium rare it should have an internal temperature of one hundred twenty five degrees.
Enjoy your steak.
Grilling 101: Steak, Chicken and Kabobs Article … – Recipes
Mmm, the tasty combination of smoky, caramelized crust and tender, juicy …
Top 10 Steak Recipes – The Most Popular and Best Steak Recipes
Flavorful, tender, and sometimes expensive, you will want to get the most out of your steak grilling and these ten recipes represent a wide range of methods …
Steak Recipes – Barbecues & Grilling
Tons of great steak recipes for the grill. There is more to grilling a steak …