If someone handed you a million dollars and told you to buy yourself a home any place in the United States, where would you choose to live? You may think that a million dollars would buy you a mansion but that couldn’t be farther from truth. If you choose to live in a well known city like New York, you might be lucky to be able to afford a place with only two bedrooms. Does this shock you?
Here are some of the houses you can get for your million dollars, plus a few extra dollars, in a few of the big cities around the United States.
- New York, New York—two bedrooms, two bathrooms with approximately one thousand feet would list at $1,225,000.
- Honolulu, Hawaii—four bedrooms, three bathrooms and from approximately two thousand four hundred eighty to seven thousand one hundred fifty five square feet would list at $1,085,000.
- Portland, Oregon—six bedrooms, four and a half bathrooms, with approximately five thousand seven hundred seventy one square feet would list at #1,195,000.
- Phoenix, Arizona—five bedrooms, six bathrooms and from approximately five thousand eight hundred forty three to thirty nine thousand four hundred thirteen square feet would list at $1,249,000.
- St. Louis, Missouri—four bedrooms, three bathrooms with approximately four thousand square feet would list at $1,150,000.
- San Francisco, California—three bedrooms, two baths with approximately one thousand five hundred sixty seven square miles would list at $1,250,000.