When it comes down to deciding which fruit should cost more it all depends on the supply and demand. Most of the ones that are priced higher are not as much in demand and it is usually because it has just been introduced into the United States and the public does not know what they are. Another thing that can play into what an item costs is how of a shelf life it has.
Here are some of the more pricey produce on the market and how many you get for a pound.
- Winter Truffles—black truffles $1,200 to $2,200 a pound and white truffles $2,200 to $6,000 a pound. You would get four truffles per pound.
- Finger Limes–$20 a pound and you would get forty finger limes per pound.
- Fresh Porcini Mushrooms–$16 a pound and how many you get per pound would depend on the weight which is from three to ten ounces each.
- Rambutans–$11 to $12 a pound and you would get six to ten per pound
- Bhut Jolokia–$10 to $12 a pound and you would get ten to twelve per pound.
- Dragon Fruit–$8.99 a pound and you would get one per pound.
- Magosteens–$7 to $8 a pound and you would get two per pound.