When a student decides to go to college they realize that it is going to be expensive so when deciding on a major they want to find one that there is a job market for and they can get a job in that field. They do not want to be spending all that money and find they major they have chosen has a high unemployment rate.
Although it may be hard to believe but there are majors that have a zero percent unemployment rate. This is great news considering that in October the unemployment rate for people with a college degree was at four point four percent.
Here are some of the fields that a college-bound student might consider that has a zero or low unemployment rate.
- Actuarial Science—0 percent
- Astronomy and Astrophysics—0 percent
- Education Administration and Supervision—0
- Geological and Geophysical Engineering—0
- Pharmacology—0 percent
- School Student Counseling—0 percent
- Agricultural Economics—1.3 percent
- Medical Technologies Technicians—1.4 percent
- Atmospheric Sciences and Meteorology—1.6 percent
- Environmental Engineering, Nursing, and Nuclear Industrial Radiology and Biological Technologies—2.2 percent
If you are planning on attending college, these are the majors that you should check out in order to get a job once you graduate.