It is now getting into that cold and flu season and no one wants to run to the doctor every time they get a sore throat. If you have had a sore throat for several days, have trouble swallowing or breathing, have a lump in your neck, joint pain, or a high fever, you should see your physician. But it is on the weekend or you need some relief until you see your physician, here are some home remedies to help your sore throat.
Gargles—do this every couple of hours:
- Dissolve salt in a cup of warm water. Use as much salt as will dissolve
- Dissolve four aspirin in a cup of warm water. Not Ibuprofen or Tylenol
- Boil one glove of garlic in a cup of water
- Herbal teas
Herbal Teas—they also help to boost the immune system
Other Sore Throat Remedies:
- Make a syrup of honey, onion, and lemon. Simmer one sliced onion, one cup of honey, and one cup of lemon juice for five to ten minutes. Strain and take one or two teaspoons a couple of times a day.
- Hold a couple of pieces of fresh sliced garlic in your mouth like you would do a cough drop chewing on it once in a while.
- Vitamin C
- Suck on peppermint drops that you can buy at your local department store.