Check List to Help you Live to be a Hundred Years Old
It seems that in today’s society there are more and more people living to be a hundred years old or old but what is their secret to reaching that milestone? Is it genetics? Are they doing something different in the way they live and eat? Here are some of the answers to those many questions of how you can increase your chances of living to be one hundred years old or older.
- Prepare your meals at home using fresh ingredients instead of eating out. By doing this you have control over the ingredients that you put into the food. You can limit the amount of salt and sugar plus make sure that there are no preservatives or chemicals in your ingredients. Using fresh fruits and vegetables ensure that you get more nutrients, vitamins, and antioxidants.
- Start exercising and moving your body. It has been found that people who do even the most basic movements, like walking, three to five days a week live longer. Stay active, eat healthy, and maintain your weight will help to keep your organs healthy making less need for medication and developing heath problems.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day, starting off with sixteen to thirty-two ounces of water. If you think you might be hungry, drink water to help you reduce the amount of food you are eating. Reach for water instead of other drinks.
- Meditate to help reduce the stress in your life
- Keep good posture to help prevent your bones from breaking down.