Unusual Call Options Trades: Starwood Hotels (HOT), Crestwood Midstream Partners (CMLP), and Madison Square Garden Co (MSG)
There’s been some interesting trades (as usual) in the call options of several large companies today. Some of the more unusual call trades are Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide (HOT), Crestwood Midstream Partners (CMLP), and The Madison Square Garden Co (MSG).
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide (HOT) Sees Unusual Call OptionAction
There has been a couple interesting trades in HOT today. The first is in the August $76.20 calls, which has seen volume of 2100 contracts today. This may not have been opening action.
The second buy in Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide(HOT) calls was in the January $73.70 calls, where a buyer picked up 1400 contracts.
HOT is currently trading at $83.92, up a nice $1.35 on the day so far. Volume is pretty average, and there doesn’t appear to be any news at this time to explain the increased call option volume in HOT today.
The company reports earnings on July 24, so it could be positioning for some positive results.
Crestwood MidStream Partners (CMLP)
Crestwood (CMLP) has seen a trader suck up over 1,000 contracts of the October $25 calls in CMLP this morning. The stock took off after bottoming this morning at $21.84 and is now trading up at $22.00, up 4 cents for the day so far.
Crestwood Midstream reports earnings August 4, and this could be a play on those results. Or, it could be the company will get an upgrade and price target raise by an analyst in the coming days or week. It is already rated an OVERWEIGHT with a price target of $24.82. The yield on CMLP is a hefty 7.45% currently.
Madison Square Garden Co (MSG)
MSG saw some action in the August $65 calls today, with a buyer hoping to score on 575 contracts. Not exactly huge volume, but unusual none the less.
Madison Square Garden (MSG) is expected to release earnings July 28, with a consensus estimate of earnings of 32 cents per share for the quarter versus last quarters earnings of 24 cents per share.
MSG has an overweight rating and a price target of $67.00 currently. MSG is currently up 42 cents today to $61.84.
- Unusual Options Trades: JDS Uniphase Corp (JDSU), Verso Paper Corp (VRS) As the market falls off again this morning, we bring...
- Unusual Large Options Trades: GNC Corp (GNC), Encana Corp (ECA), Global X Social Media ETF (SOCL) The string of unusual options trades continues this morning as...
- Large, Unusual Call Buy Today in Walgreen Company (WAG) Looks like some material facts leaked out to one smart...
- Unusual Option Trades: Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD), Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN) It appears biopharm stocks are hot, and getting hotter. Two...
- Sonus Networks Sees Unusual Call Buy (Nasdaq:SONS) Sonus Networks (SONS) just had an unusual call buyer gobble...