A Missing Deaf And Mute Woman Was Found In NYC After Three Weeks Of Living On Subways

The missing deaf, dumb, and autistic woman was discovered on Saturday after spending three weeks surviving on the subways after being discharged from a Queens hospital on Christmas Eve.

After learning the missing woman was taking the 1 train, Ghislaine Primus, Samantha Primus’ sister, and two kind bystanders found her at the Bowling Green stop in Lower Manhattan.

At a press conference that evening, Ghislaine remarked, “My heart fell, my heart fell.”

Samantha claimed to be dehydrated, 10 pounds lighter and had swollen feet.

She managed to survive by jumping from train to train, praying that she would make it home while donning slippers and a pair of socks. Sophia Primus, the sister of Ghislaine and Samantha, said, “And we discovered her.

As her family considers legal possibilities against Queens Hospital Center, which they claim prematurely discharged the 46-year-old on a bitterly cold night, Samantha is currently receiving treatment at Methodist Hospital in Park Slope, according to her relatives.

Early on December 23, Samantha left her sister Joanna Peck’s Elmont home where she was spending the holidays in an effort to return to her mother’s Brooklyn home.

In Queens that evening, a passerby saw Samantha laying on the ground in the 18-degree weather and clearly in need of assistance.

EMS rushed her to Queens Hospital Center, but the staff allowed the deaf and mute patient to go at two in the morning, when it was a chilly seven degrees, carrying just a list of homeless shelters.

“My sister wouldn’t have had to endure these dreadful three weeks in the cold if they had performed their duties. Never will an apology be adequate. Adding that her sister arrived at the hospital without identification, Sophia stated, “We wonder what hearts and heads work at this facility.

The family is therefore pursuing legal action against the hospital on the grounds that it failed to discharge the disabled woman with the appropriate care and is now withholding information from them.

Sanford Rubenstein, the family’s attorney, stated that if the Nassau County police allegation is genuine, “then plainly this hospital was not only negligent but callous, and proper legal action would be launched.” “The behavior of individuals who work for the city at their hospitals must be held accountable.”

Read More:



About The Author

Scroll to Top