What Was Former College Football Star Colt Brennan Cause of Death?

Colt Brennan, a former quarterback at the University of Hawaii who tied or broke dozens of N.C.A.A. football records, died early Tuesday morning at a hospital in Newport Beach, Calif., according to his father and the university. He was 37. Let’s find out what was Colt Brennan Cause of Death?

Colt Brennan Cause of Death

According to the cops and his father, Terry Brennan, Mr. Brennan was taken to Hoag Hospital Newport Beach on Monday after he ate something that was thought to contain fentanyl. His father said that Colt Brennan had just finished a four-month course of care at a rehab center and was trying to get better from addiction.

“We’re just trying to put the pieces together and figure out what happened,” he said.

College football fans and Mr. Brennan’s old coaches and teammates were shocked by his death. They remembered how accurate he was on the field, how confident he was, and how much he loved Hawaii, where he became famous. Fans would spend the night in tents so they could get his sign. When Mr. Brennan walked into class, there were always people waiting for him with bags of things to sign.

Rich Miano, a former assistant coach for the team, said in a statement, “In the 42 years I’ve been involved with this program, I don’t think there’s been a player who had a bigger impact on and off the field than Colt Brennan.” “On a national level, he took this show somewhere it had never been before. Colt was the cause of the best days in the history of the University of Hawaii.”

Early Life and Career of Colt Brennan

Colt Brennan Cause of Death

Colton James Brennan was born in Laguna Beach, California, on August 16, 1983. As a child, he loved football so much that he said he was almost obsessed with it.

“I loved the game so much that it controlled my whole life,” Mr. Brennan told The New York Times in an interview in 2007. “Football was the center of my life. I was happy when I did well in football. I was unhappy if I wasn’t doing well at football.”

Mr. Brennan went to the University of Colorado Boulder and joined the football team as a walk-on in 2003. However, in January 2004, a female neighbor accused him of sexual attack, indecent exposure, burglary, and criminal trespass.

The tweet below shows Colt Brennan throwing a ball:

In September, a juror found him guilty of illegal sexual contact, but the judge later dropped the charge. Instead, Mr. Brennan was found guilty of second-degree burglary and first-degree criminal trespass. He spent a week in jail in 2005.

Mr. Brennan told The Times, “What I did that night was wrong.” “I made a big lapse in judgment. I was arrogant. I was haughty. But I didn’t commit a crime. I didn’t mean anything bad.”

He moved away from Colorado and played for a short time at Saddleback College in California. In 2005, he moved to Hawaii, where he made up his mind to start over and show himself.

It was my way to get away from everything,” he said.

If you’re curious about the lives and deaths of renowned people, click on the links below:

Colt Brennan’s NFL Career and Injuries

He took on the Hawaiian value of humility and studied Samoan for three semesters to get closer to his Polynesian offensive tackles. As a tribute to his four regular receivers, who were called the Deadheads, he braided his hair.

In 2006, he threw 58 touchdown passes in a single season, which at the time was an NCAA record. This made it more likely that the NFL would try to sign him after his junior year.

He didn’t leave, though. He stayed for his last year. The Rainbow Warriors went 12-0 for the season and played Georgia in the Sugar Bowl on Jan. 1, 2008, which was their only football bowl game. That year, Mr. Brennan was one of the finalists for the Heisman Trophy.

Washington picked up Mr. Brennan in the 2008 NFL draft. Before joining the Oakland Raiders, he was a backup for two years, but he was cut before the regular season started.

His father said that he was in a car accident in 2010 that broke his collarbone and ribs, hurt his head, and gave him blood clots that would bother him for the rest of his life.

Terry Brennan said that after the accident, he had to use a cane and wear a leg brace.

His father said that after his sports career was over, the younger Mr. Brennan moved back to Hawaii and lived there until a few months ago when he went back to California to get help for his disabilities and drug problems.

His father said that Mr. Brennan tried to get into a rehab center over the weekend, but he was turned away because it was full. After that, he went to a hotel room with some other people and took the drugs.

Mr. Brennan’s mother, Betsy Brennan, and his sisters, Carrera Shea and Chanel Brewster, as well as his father, are the only people who are still alive.

If You Liked Our Content, Please Follow us on Twitter (@CaliforniaExam1) to stay updated about celebrities and their lifestyles.

Scroll to Top