Former LAPD Officer Charged With Molesting 4 Children

The district attorney’s office says that a former LAPD officer has been charged with sexually abusing four boys at his home in Covina while he worked for the LAPD.

Detectives from the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department’s special victims unit arrested Paul Razo, 46, on Wednesday after he was charged with eight counts of lewd acts on a child, according to a news statement from the district attorney’s office.

He will probably go to court Tuesday. Sheriff’s records show that he is still in jail and that his bail is set at $2.5 million.

In a statement announcing the charges against Razo, Dist. Atty. George Gascón said, “The allegations of sexual abuse against vulnerable children, in this case, are deeply disturbing, and it’s especially troubling that the defendant was a law enforcement officer at the time.”

“Childhood sexual abuse does a lot of damage,” he said. “Any kind of sexual abuse is a horrible crime, and we won’t let it happen in our community.”

The tweet below verifies the news:

Razo worked for the Los Angeles Police Department for more than 25 years. He is accused of sexually abusing two of his young male cousins. One was about 11 or 12 years old when the abuse started, and the other was about 13 when it started.

The news statement said that the other two victims were the sons of a woman Razo had been dating. It is said that the boys often spent the night at Razo’s house. Prosecutors say Razo started abusing one boy when he was 9 or 10 years old and the other when he was 12 years old.

Prosecutors say the attacks happened between 2006 and 2017 while Razo was working for the LAPD. From what the news release says, Razo left the department in April.

Razo was given the department’s Medal of Valor in July 2016 for saving a man who was stuck in a burning car in Glendora while he was not on duty. Even though the driver was killed when the car hit, Razo reached into the burning car and pulled a male passenger out through the window, hurting himself in the process.

Razo was charged after a new cop was arrested on suspicion of sexually abusing a child younger than 14 years old before he joined the LAPD. Diego Jose Miranda Lopez, who was 23 years old, was a probationary cop. When told about the accusations, he quit. He is not facing any charges.

Prosecutors are asking anyone with information about Razo or other alleged victims to call the Special Victims Bureau of the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department at (877) 710-5273 or [email protected].

Click on the following links for more news from the California Examiner:

Get ahead of the curve by accessing breaking news and insightful articles on californiaexaminer.net – start exploring today!

Scroll to Top