A federal indictment made public on Thursday says that former WWE wrestler Ted DiBiase Jr., the son of Ted “The Million Dollar Man” DiBiase Sr., stole millions of dollars meant for poor families in Mississippi.
DiBiase Jr. was one of a group of people who are said to have used money meant for low-income people and families for their own gain.
The indictment also names John Davis, who is the head of the Mississippi Department of Human Services, Christi Webb, who is the head of the Human Resource Center of North Mississippi Inc., and Nancy New, who was in charge of the Mississippi Community Education Center.
In an official statement, the Department of Justice said that Davis’ MDHS gave subgrants to Webb’s and New’s organizations using federal money from the Emergency Food Assistance Program and the Temporary Assistance for Needy Families program, among others.
The release says that Davis then told Webb and New to “award sham contracts to various individuals and entities claiming to provide social services.” At least five sham contracts were given to DiBiase’s companies, Priceless Ventures LLC and Familiae Orientem LLC.
The tweet below verifies the news:
Former WWE wrestler Theodore Marvin DiBiase Jr. has been charged with using millions of dollars intended to help needy families in Mississippi to buy himself a boat, a vehicle and a house, according to a newly unsealed federal indictment. https://t.co/fxdDLZjPAe
— CBS News (@CBSNews) April 21, 2023
The indictment also said that DiBiase Jr.’s groups were given millions of money to help people, which they never did and never planned to do.
Instead, the charge says that DiBiase Jr. used the money to “buy a car, a boat, and make a down payment on a house, among other things.”
“DiBiase is charged with one count of conspiracy to commit wire fraud and theft from programs that get money from the federal government, six counts of wire fraud, two counts of theft from programs that get money from the federal government, and four counts of money laundering,” the statement said.”
If he is found guilty, DiBiase Jr. could get up to 5 years in prison for the plot, 20 years for each count of wire fraud, and 10 years for each count of theft and money laundering.
Click on the following links for more news from the California Examiner:
- Andrew Tate Criticized for Sitting in Cold Sauna in Romania
- Man Commits Suicide at Sacramento International Airport Parking After 911 Report of Shooter
This is the Biggest Theft Case in the State’s History
DiBiase Sr. started the “Heart of Davis Ministry” in 1999. He is a Christian minister at the moment. Reports from February 2020 said that the state of Mississippi gave the ministry more than $2.1 million in welfare money after his son Brett was hired as the deputy administrator of the state Department of Human Services. In October 2022, a court told DiBiase Sr. to pay back $722,299 that he had stolen.
Then, the Mississippi Department of Human Services sued the DiBiase family, along with others like NFL Hall of Fame quarterback Brett Favre, to get back $20 million in “wasted” money. This is the biggest theft case in the state’s history.
In October 2022, Favre said in a statement that was only given to Fox News Digital that he had been unfairly attacked in the media. “I haven’t done anything wrong, and it’s time to clear the air.”
“No one ever told me, and I didn’t know, that money that was supposed to go to people on welfare went to the University or to me. I tried to raise money for a health center at USM, which is a public Mississippi state university where I went to school. My goal has always been and will always be to make the sports facilities at my university better.
“State agencies gave the money to Nancy New’s charity, the Mississippi Community Education Center, which then gave the money to the University. This was done with the full knowledge and approval of other State agencies, such as the State-wide Institute for Higher Learning, the Governor’s office, and the Attorney General’s office.”
“I was told that State lawyers and State employees did the legal work to make sure that the university could accept these funds.”
In the wrestling world, DiBiase Jr. is best known for being one of the three members of “The Legacy,” along with Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes. He stopped working for WWE in 2013, but he kept wrestling on an independent tour until he quit for good in 2017.
Get ahead of the curve by accessing breaking news and insightful articles on californiaexaminer.net – start exploring today!