Site icon California Examiner

Life Sentence for St. Louis County Parking Lot Shooting

Life Sentence for St. Louis County Parking Lot Shooting

Life Sentence for St. Louis County Parking Lot Shooting

Following a fatal shooting in a parking lot in north St. Louis County several years ago, a man was given a life sentence.

Investigators claim that on December 12, 2019, Anthony Tate, 27, shot one guy to death and two others, injuring them both. He started shooting at a car that was parked on Lewis and Clark Boulevard. Tate shot Timothy Simmons to death and critically wounded two others.

In accordance with court records, Tate was seen on camera around four minutes after the gas station shooting and before he left the scene in the car linked to the crime. His phone was in the area of the shootings just before, according to cell phone records.

The tweet below confirms the news:

Police apprehended him and found a gun that matched the ballistics in this case. After the incident, the St. Louis County Police Department looked into it. A business partner who is now deceased had their shared phone in the car at the time of the shootings, Tate claimed in court, and he denied being the person seen on the security footage. His earlier statement to the police was in conflict with this testimony.

Wesley Bell, the prosecuting attorney for St. Louis County, said, “This conviction and sentence make it clear that gun violence will not be tolerated in St. Louis County, and I pray that Mr. Simmons’ family and the other victims find some solace in this verdict and sentence.”

On Thursday, Tate received a sentence for nine felonies, including four counts of armed criminal action and first-degree murder. He was given a life sentence with an additional 15 years in prison without the possibility of parole.

Get ahead of the curve by accessing breaking news and insightful articles on – start exploring today

Click on the following links for more news from the California Examiner:

Exit mobile version