Suspect Arrested After 2 Officers Shot Following Hourslong Standoff At Puyallup Apartment Complex

On Tuesday, after a standoff that lasted for many hours at an apartment complex in Puyallup, a suspect was taken into custody.

At approximately one in the afternoon, officers from the Puyallup Police Department responded to the apartment complex located in the 1700 block of East Main Street in response to a report of domestic violence, as stated by Sergeant Darren Moss of the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department.

According to the Pierce County Force Investigation Team, a person who called 911 stated that their ex-boyfriend had broken an order of protection against domestic violence by showing up to their residence and was hiding in a closet at the time of the call.

A warrant for the 37-year-old man’s arrest had been issued for both a felony and a misdemeanour charge of domestic abuse, and the police had already established this fact before arriving at the location.

The culprit was still inside the building when the police came, and they were unable to get him out. According to PCFIT, as the police attempted to make contact with him, he fired at the approaching cops, which prompted the police to fire back at him.

Two policemen from the Puyallup Police Department were injured after being hit by a vehicle.

According to the Puyallup police department, the injuries sustained by both officers were not considered to be life-threatening.

According to footage taken at the site, several SWAT teams and law enforcement officers attempted to talk with the suspect. A video that was shared by Charles Joyner of Northwest Motorsports showed a significant presence of SWAT officers as well as what seems to be a gunshot. There is a lack of clarity regarding the origin of the purported gunfire.

While the authorities are on their way to the location, residents of the River Trail Apartments and the Addison Trail Apartments have been instructed to take cover where they are.

According to PCFIT, the suspect emerged from the flat and turned himself in to the police soon before 7 o’clock in the evening.

Because he had injured his hand, he was taken to the hospital to receive medical attention there. After being treated at the hospital, he will be sent to the correctional facility to be booked on several counts of assault in the first degree, violation of a domestic violence no-contact order, and outstanding warrants.

Read More:

A New DNA Test Led To The Release Of A Man Who Served 20 Years In Prison For The Rape And Murder Of A Tourist In Hawaii

A 12-year-old’s Wrist Was Broken While Attempting To Keep An Attacker Out Of His Janesville Home



About The Author

Scroll to Top