Alexander Volkanovski, at UFC 284, might make history on February 11 by becoming only the fifth dual champion in UFC history. The UFC lightweight champion, Islam Makhachev, will give the Aussie, fighting in front of his friends and family, a run for his money.
In Perth, Australia, at the RAC Arena, Makhachev will defend his lightweight title.
Since making his UFC debut in 2015, Makhachev has gone 13-0 with no losses. The 31-year-old has the fewest significant strikes taken (0.95 per minute) in UFC history to go along with his eleven submission victories. Makhachev just won the vacant UFC lightweight title in October after defeating Charles Oliveira.
For this bout, the champion won’t be able to rely on any familiar faces to cheer him on. Khabib Numagomedov, the former lightweight champion, has decided to leave mixed martial arts and will not be supporting his opponent in this fight. Before Khabib’s absence, though, they did formulate a strategy for the Volkanovski bout.
The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) featherweight champion, Alexander Volkanovski, is undefeated in his 12 UFC bouts. He has successfully defended the championship four times since beating Max Holloway for the title in 2019. His current goal is to test his mettle in lightweight competition.
During a fight on the ground, Makhachev is a serious threat. Striker Volkanovski has a powerful swing. Now or later, somebody’s going to get hurt. The latter explained his outlook for the fight and assured The AllStar that he had the endurance and expertise to outlast Makhachev’s offensive abilities.
According to Volkanovski, quoted by MMA News, “I think it’s going to be more of a standup struggle.” With my evasive maneuvers and all, he’s bound to fire first. He’s going to feel awkward with the timing I have and everything else I’m planning on doing.
A lot of clinches and everything like that is going to go down in the first round, so get ready for a battle. Perhaps a tad more disorderly. In the second round, I plan to engage him more on his feet and use my hands… But I’m training for the full five rounds and bad positions, so I’m confident I’ll win the decision.
The time, channel, and card for UFC 284 are all listed below for your convenience.
What Time Is UFC 284: Islam Makhachev Vs. Alexander Volkanovski Today?
- Date: Saturday, February 11 | Sunday, February 12
- FIGHT PASS Prelims: 6:15 p.m. ET | 11:15 p.m. ET GMT | 10:15 a.m. AEDT
- Prelims: 8 p.m. ET | 1 a.m. GMT | 12 p.m. AEDT
- Main card: 10 p.m. ET | 3 a.m. GMT | 2 p.m. AEDT
- Main event: 12:15 a.m. ET | 5:15 a.m. GMT | 4:15 p.m. AEDT (approximately)
The FIGHT PASS preliminary bouts will go off at 6:15 p.m. ET (11:15 p.m. ET GMT, 10:15 a.m. AEDT), while the normal preliminary bouts will get underway at 8 p.m. ET (1:00 a.m. GMT, 12 p.m. AEDT). This evening’s main card will kick off at 10 p.m. ET, 3 a.m. GMT, and 2 p.m. AEDT.
Source: CBS Sports
Depending on the length of the undercard bouts, Makhachev and Volkanovski might enter the ring as early as 12:15 a.m. ET | 5:15 a.m. GMT | 4:15 p.m. AEDT.
UFC 284 main card may be viewed in the United States and Mexico via the pay-per-view ESPN+ subscription streaming service. ESPN+ currently provides live streaming of earlier fights.
UFC PPV on UFC Fight Pass and Canadian cable and satellite providers BELL, Rogers, Shaw, SaskTel, Videotron, Telus, and Eastlink will air the main card.
Read More: Conor Mcgregor Net Worth: How Did He Rise In UFC’s Lightweight Rankings?
The main card will air on BT Sport in the United Kingdom, while the preliminary bouts will be streamed on UFC Fight Pass.
Main Event, Kayo Sports, Fetch TV, and UFC PPV on UFC Fight Pass will all air the main card in Australia.
Islam Makhachev Vs. Alexander Volkanovski PPV Price: How Much Does Ufc 284 Cost?
- $79.99 (current ESPN+ subscribers)
- $124.98 (new subscribers)
The UFC 284 main card is accessible in the United States on ESPN+, a pay-per-view service that also requires a paid subscription. UFC 284 will cost $79.99 to watch for current subscribers on pay-per-view. New customers may save more than 30 percent by purchasing the UFC 284 pay-per-view and an ESPN+ annual membership together for just $124.98.
UFC 284 Fight Card
- Islam Makhachev (c) vs. Alexander Volkanovski for the UFC lightweight title
- Yair Rodriguez vs. Josh Emmett for the interim UFC featherweight title
- Jack Della Maddalena vs. Randy Brown; WelterweightsJustin Tafa vs. Parker Porter; Heavyweights
- Jimmy Crute vs. Alonzo Menifield; Light Heavyweights
- Tyson Pedro vs. Modestas Bukauskas; Light Heavyweights
- Joshua Culibao vs. Melsik Baghdasaryan; Featherweights
- Shannon Ross vs. Kleydson Rodrigues; Flyweights
- Jamie Mullarkey vs. Francisco Prado; Lightweights
FIGHT PASS Prelims
- Loma Lookboonmee vs. Elise Reed; Strawweights
- Jack Jenkins vs. Don Shainis; Featherweights
- Zubaira Tukhugov vs. Elves Brenner; Lightweights
- Shane Young vs. Blake Bilder; Featherweights