With gas prices soaring skyward and no end in sight, it is either time to get a more fuel efficient car or learn how to improve the gas mileage in the car we have. If you are like most people, buying a more fuel efficient car is not in the financial picture at this time so here is some gas saving tips instead.
1. Do not let your car sit and idle. There is no reason to warm up your car or let it run while you are waiting for someone to run into a store and back out again. A good rule of thumb is that if you are going to be stopped, other than for a traffic light, for more than 30 seconds, turn off the car.
2. Slowing down from 70 mph to 55 mph can give you 33% more gas mileage.
3. Avoid hard braking and acceleration whenever possible. Frequent bursts of braking and acceleration can reduce gas mileage by 2 to 3 mpg.
4. When you have to go anywhere, try to combine as many stops as possible in one trip and try to avoid making these trips where you are going to be sitting in traffic for any length of time.
5. Make sure your tires are properly inflated as gas mileage is reduced with incorrectly inflated tires.
There are just a few of the many tips you can use to help improve your gas mileage and save money at the pump.
Gas Mileage Tips
May 4, 2011 … Gas Mileage Tips. Video: MotorWeek test showing impact of driving style on MPG. MotorWeek video shows how driving style can affect MPG and …
Gas Mileage Tips – Driving More Efficiently
Saving Gas and Money. These tips on driving more efficiently and …
Gas Mileage Tips – Keeping Your Vehicle in Shape
May 4, 2011 … You can improve your gas mileage by up to 3.3 percent by …