Tragic Incident in Belltown: Suspected Killer Fires into Car

On Tuesday morning in Seattle’s Belltown neighborhood, a 30-year-old man is accused of opening fire on a car, killing a pregnant woman, and injuring a man. He remains in King County prison.

According to the probable cause statement, surveillance footage collected near the intersection of Fourth Avenue and Lenora Street at 11 a.m. shows that the suspect and the Tesla had never met before.

The 34-year-old pregnant woman in the automobile had multiple gunshot wounds. According to the statement, the infant was delivered in an emergency at Harborview Medical Center but only lived for a short period.

A 37-year-old guy is still being treated at Harborview Medical Center after being shot in the arm. On Wednesday, detectives still didn’t know what drove the suspect. According to the statement of probable cause, the driver was fired at while stopped at an intersection by a man who then fled the scene.

The tweet below verifies the news:

He had no prior contact with the victims. According to the probable cause paperwork, the suspect claimed he saw a gun in the car and opened fire in response, however the video footage contradicts this account.

Due to the lack of charges against him at this time, the Seattle Times will not identify the shooter. Later this week, charges are anticipated. The individual is in custody while homicide, assault, and illegal gun possession charges are looked at.

A representative for the King County Prosecuting Attorney’s Office said Wednesday that a court had found probable cause to hold the guy pending investigation on all three charges.

If you’re interested in reading more from the California Examiner, here are some links to some of the paper’s other sections:

The couple was shot as they drove north on Fourth Avenue. According to authorities, 911 callers heard gunshots and saw a man flee from the scene of an accident involving an inhabited vehicle.

Witness descriptions helped investigators zero in on a suspect shortly after the shooting. The man allegedly told police, “I did it, I did it,” before raising his arms and walking away.

Probable cause statement said that, the individual now in jail was positively identified as the gunman by two witnesses. The police discovered a semiautomatic handgun on the premises. The statement claims there was no ammunition inside.

If you want to know what’s going on in the world, you should start reading right away. It has breaking news and in-depth pieces.

Scroll to Top